Quant 2nd Edition – DS Questions 11-20

Question 11 – “If J, S, and…”

OG Explanation is fine.

Question 12 – “What were the…”

OG Explanation is fine.

Question 13 – “The total….”

OG Explanation is fine.

Question 14 – “For a recent…”

OG Explanation is fine.

Question 15 – “What is the value”

OG Explanation is fine.

Question 16 – “If x and y are positive….”

OG Explanation is fine.

Question 17 – “What was the amount of money….?”

OG Explanation is fine.

Statement 1 only tells us the percent and not the actual amounts.   Corporate donations could be $40 and noncorporate donations could be $60 or corporate donated or corporate donations could be $400 and noncorporate donation could be $600.    INSUFFICIENT.

Statement 2 only tells us that amount from noncorporate donations.    We know nothing about the total donations.   INSUFFICIENT.


Combining statements 1 and 2: If 40% came from corporate donations and $1.5 million dollars came from noncorporate then we know that $1.5 million represents the other 60% of donations.   Therefore the 40% represents $1 million dollars.  So the total amount donated must be $2.5 million dollars.   BOTH STATEMENTS TOGETHER ARE SUFFICIENT.  The answer is C.

Question 18 – “What is the value…”

OG Explanation is fine.

Question 19  – “In the triangle above….”

OG Explanation is fine.

Question 20 – “If x, y, and z….”

OG Explanation is fine.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>